Preparatory year admission
8 children aged five or six will be accepted.
First grade admission
12 children aged six or seven will be accepted.
BIS Classic Current Students Admission requirements for 2020 / 2021 school year
In order to continue their education at BIS Classic, students' grades must be above Very good 5.00. They must have also successfully pass the English language examination at the end of the year.
BIS Classic Admission requirements for 2020 / 2021 school year (for students transferring from other schools)
New students can apply at Classic, provided there are available places. Their final grade must be not lower than 5.00 (Very good) and their score on the admission test must be not lower than 70 pts.
2020 / 2021 International GCSE Admission
In order to enrol for an International GCSE, Bulgarian candidates must be students in either Grade 7 or 8. Application requirements - latest grades, admission test and a cover letter in English.
2020 / 2021 GCE A-Level Admission
In order to enrol for GCE A-Level, Bulgarian students must have successfully completed Grade 10 (according to the Bulgarian Educational standards). Application requirements - latest grades, admission test and a cover letter in English.
Exam registrations take place either in school or online.
The aim of the information meetings with candidates and their parents is to present the specifics of the Bulgarian and British educational standards, admission criteria and timetable.
The admission exam takes three hours to complete. The exam comprises of questions on the following areas: Mathematics, Science, English and Logic. Each component lasts 40 mins with a 5-minute break between them.
Upon enrolment a student is expected to sign a contract for education and to pay 50% of the school fees. Fees are determined by the School Management Board and may be updated according to the expected school expenditures.
The school follows a strict enrolment procedure.
Admission of children and students, studying for free
The conditions and order for admission of children and students, studying for free are:
1. Conditions. The students must meet one of the following conditions:
- to have successfully achieved excellent 6.00 in the previous year and have excellent command of English, certified by an internationally recognized certificate;
- to be ranked individually or collectively in first, second or third place in a national or international competition in the country and abroad, in an Olympiad or competition in the field of art and science;
- to be ranked in individually or in a team sport in first, second or third place at the Olympic Games, World Championships, European Championships, Balkan Championships or individually in first place in the finals of state individual championships or school games;
- to have won an individual or collective prize in the team sports in the Olympic Games, World Championships, European Championships or Balkan Championships;
- to have won an individual or collective prize in team sports, when the team ranked first, second or third in the finals of a state championship or in the finals of school games.